"Perfidus" - huh?!

It is a quiet evening and I am alone at home. I am moving about my apartment picking up stuff that are in wrong places and my mind drifts to my college schedule, and how quickly I want it to be over so I can move on to other things. My thoughts go deeper into what the next step will be, and then,the word...

"Perfidus!"
"Excuse me?"
"Yes, perfidus and you know what I mean."

Faint idea of what the word means and hoping the conversation isn't going the way I think it is.

"Even if I do, what has that got to do with me?" [Heart pounding]
"We could do this the whole day...why don't you grab your dictionary?"

Slowly walks to the bookshelf and grabs the dictionary, leafs through the pages to the word and starts to read. "Perfidus" - Faithless

"Need I say more?"
"No."
"And there lies the problem, darling."

Feeling like I'd been punched in the stomach, I sit down on the sofa trying to catch my breadth. It isn't just the word and it's meaning, it's the mystery behind the conversation.

Here's what this tells me: the answers we seek lie within us if only we'd stop to listen. It also shows me that when things are not working out or moving as fast as we would like, all we need is a little Faith.

Comments