Totally Random

Finals ended on Wednesday. Typically, it takes 2-3 days for my body to finally come to that place where all motion is calm and calculated, no longer erratic because I have to be in different places almost at the same time.


It is Saturday and I am sitting in a cubicle at work with little to do and bored (forgive my lexicon) to death. One would think that this would be a perfect time for me to crank out those words that swim around in my head. The answer is, NOT!

The difference between now and other busy times is that I thrive in chaotic environments or schedules. Maybe it's all to help keep me sane but, in the midst of chaos comes the most amazing words of inspiration that spur me to write. The other thing is that I do not have to think about it.

So sitting here, I can't remember how many times I've told myself to write something, anything. I've even thought of going back to old words that I got but, haven't used (yeah, still in my head and stop trying to figure out how I'm still able to remember them.) In answer to your thoughts, they come from a place so deep inside of me that when they surface, they never go away.

This is not an excuse for not writing while I am here at work (many pieces have been written in this environment and on very busy days.) I am currently feeling sleepy, still bored to death, and thought that hearing the sounds of the keys on the keyboard as I type these random thoughts would change the rhythm around me and keep me awake until the next hour and a half.

Comments