God Is In The Details


This past week, I have been overwhelmed by God’s goodness in my life. It was so overwhelming that I almost wasn’t sure it was real but it was. There were moments when my heart would swell up with such indescribable joy that I’d give it a second and tone it down. Probably those moments one thinks it's all a dream and may wake up to "reality." I kept thanking God and wondering to whom I was going to tell this story since my family’s away on vacation. So, I waited.
As if I haven’t been overwhelmed enough, I got another dose of God’s goodness this morning, something He didn’t let me dwell on this past holiday weekend as I made a concerted effort to unplug and just, BE. I went outside to DePaul’s quad area to sit and take it all in. Again I asked, “to whom do I tell this story and where do I begin?”
I saw a girl on the opposite side of me. She sat alone, legs tucked underneath her and a notepad rested on her thighs. She had her cellphone in her right hand and appeared to be texting on it. Her head was lowered to her chest so I didn't bother her. I sat down on the stone bench opposite her and after a few moments, I heard her sniff. I didn’t look up until I heard her sniff again and in my heart, I knew she was crying. I looked up at her and waited to see that she was really crying and she was. I watched her for a few minutes and felt in my heart again that she needed to be consoled.
As I walked over to her, I wondered to myself what I would say to her. I decided that I would tell her my name and just hold her. I sat down next to her and said hello. She turned around and responded as she tried to wipe the tears on her face. I told her my name, put a hand on her shoulder and told her that it would be okay. She began to really cry this time and I hugged her and held her until the sobs subsided. Then I asked her if she wanted to talk about it and she told me why a beautiful young girl like herself, would sit all alone in the quad and cry.
Her story was similar to mine and I could feel her heart breaking because she didn’t know what else to do. Well, I do. I told her my story. I also told her how God worked it out for me and gave her the information she needed to begin. She dried her tears and hope came back into her eyes. I think she smiled at some point. I also knew in my heart that I didn't need to know more about her so, I didn’t ask for her name and left.
So, God gave me the ears to tell of His Goodness and I am sure He will do for the young lady as He did for me. If you think God doesn’t see, hear, and know everything - think again. If you don’t believe that God Is In The Details of your life, your dreams, your goals, your aspirations - think again. God is always on hand, to do for you that which you cannot do for yourself. Be Blessed.

Comments